- Kiwi Observatory
Private Observatory based in Timaru, New Zealand, providing astronomy outreach activties for the public and astronomy education.
- Geraldine Observatory
Owned by Peter and Wyn Aldous. Peter specilises in astronomy outreach, educating the public about astronomy. Peter is also a Supervova hunter.
- Big Sky Stargazing
Explore the night sky with expierenced guides at the Hermitage, Mount Cook.
- Mount John Observatory
New Zealands’s leading astronomical facility, operated by Canterbury university.
- Tekapo Stargazing
Operated by Tekapo Springs, short distance from Lake Tekapo Village
- Astronomy Outreach South Canterbury
Astronomy Education and observing Oppurtuities in conjunction with Kiwi Observatory and Geraldine Observatory.
New Zealand Links
- Canterbury Astronomical Society
- Dunedin Astronomical Society
- Horowhenua Astronomy Society
- Space Place – Formerly Carter Observatory – Wellington
- Stardome Observatory – Auckland
- Royal Astronomical Society of New Zealand
Resources for Educators
Other Useful Astronomy Links
- Astronomical Society of Australia
- Astronomy Picture of the Day
- European Southern Observatory
- Wifi Scope
WiFi Scope is a lightweight application that provides a bridge between SkySafari on the iPad, iPhone or Android phone to your ASCOM telescope on your PC. Simply connect your scope to WiFi Scope and then connect SkySafari to WiFi Scope and enjoy awesome telescope control right in the palm of your hand…literally!
The EQMOD project consists of a suite of open source applications that can provide an alternative to the hand controller on supported German Equatorial Mounts.
- Astronomy Forums –